Friday, December 14, 2012

The day after graduation, a new life, a new blog!

The fantastic 4
Our festive graduation caps :)

Our woohooo moment!
Our Dean and Associate Dean

My friend Courtney and I with our very special Dean!
Hmmm....where do I start? Did that just really happen? YES folks! I finally did it! A day that has been long anticipated!!! Nursing school is officially behind me...what an amazing feeling!!

I woke up this morning thinking, "what the heck do I do?" Over the past 4 years I have looked forward to this day when I would be officially graduated from nursing school, however, I am realizing now that having "something to do" has became more engraved in me than I would have ever thought!
This is not to say that I am not ecstatic about what the future holds! I am overwhelmed by a sense of adventure this morning and feeling more than ever humbled to have taken my Nightengale Pledge and be called "nurse." It is my hope in attempting to blog (something I surely never had time for before!) that I can work through the day to day emotions that will come with being newly graduated nurse. I've been told by many that have gone before me that the first year as an RN is the hardest so I thought hey why not write it all down! If there is anything nursing school did teach me it is that reflecting is important! Pretty sure my nursing friends are gonna read that and think, "wow that's an understatement!" But seriously! While trying to even just process this morning I began thinking, I need to write! In the past 4 years writing has been a large part of my life and truly I consider it one of my personal gifts that I never want to loose!

This blog for me is a way in keeping in touch with that side of me, so that I can learn to never stop processing things and hopefully bless others as I share those moments as a new nurse in her first year facing and conquering (with the help of JESUS) those challenges that will shape and mold my new role :)

For those of you reading this (friends, family, and faculty) I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for supporting me! Your smiles and love for me last night were priceless. It is truly a moment I will replay in my mind forever! I love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment